iSeries Access upgrade failure; error -115

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Access upgrade failure; error -115

I have 3 Gateway Win2K PCs (PIII, I think) that had Client Access Express V5R1 on them. I tried upgrading them to V5R2 via "check service level" and two of them have bad upgrades now. One won't run it and won't uninstall it (clicking it in Add/Remove Pgms does nothing), the other won't start sessions. On the latter, when I try to re-install, it gives me an error like this: An error occurred during the move data process: -115 EMUS Component: Standard File Group: Standard File: C:Program Files ... Emulatorjpnpbarc.ttf The file it names varies; once it was cwbcfbak.bs. Anyone run into this? The PCs do not have any apparent antivirus software running on them and are on an internal corp network. They aren't used for anything but running remote commands to merge-print thru Word.

iSeries Access upgrade failure; error -115

Never mind, got it fixed. I deleted iSeries Access and the CWB files it put in WINNT and SYSTEM32, then cleaned the registry with a cleaner I bought. I was able to subsequently get clean installs and full function of iSeries Access. It took me only 8 hours of futzing around on a weekend....

Comment

Working...
    X