Remote DNS Server Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote DNS Server Entry

Well, finally got the right person on the phone to help me. Open up iSeries Navigator (the full install) with an authoritive sign on (qsecofr).. Click on your environment, open it up by clicking the +. open up "network" open up "servers" click on TCP/IP and let the right frame load. Highlight DHCP, then Right Click and Chose Configure. In there you will find the Value for your IP Address for the DNS server. You can add, remove, move up/down, etc. Apply the new DNS IP address, go back out and "stop" the DHCP server. Then restart. I had to use ipconfig on the PC and Release, then Renew and it picked up the new setting. Since I got the answer before the next response, I wanted to post it, in case someone else has had this problem. Thanks for being here MC Press. Rj

Remote DNS Server Entry

I have an Iseries model 820 os version 5.2 We have TCP/IP all hooked up, have been for 3 years. The AS/400 our DHCP Server. Our Internet provider, UUNET, provides us a DNS Server entry. Well, the server IP we are getting automatically on our PC's, is causing us not to access the internet. So I changed the PC's network configuration to "ENABLE DNS" and plug in the new DNS Entry, and we are cooking. I need to know where that value is.. in our AS/400 so I can do a global change, and not have to force the PC to use a particular one. And, do I need to IPL the as/400 after one of those changes is made? Hopeing for some help. Happy Holidays. Rj

Comment

Remote DNS Server Entry

From a command line, you can use the CHGTCPDMN command. CHGTCPDMN INTNETADR('123.12.12.1' '123.12.12.15' '') Or, enter CHGTCPDMN and prompt with the key.

Comment

Working...
      X