Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFS mount - FROM AS400 *TO* Windows Server ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFS mount - FROM AS400 *TO* Windows Server ??

MUST it be NFS? Maybe QNTC would fill the need? Tom D.

Whut's QTNC ??

Comment

QNTC allows you to access files on an NT box just as if they were on the 400. You access the files as you would any other IFS file. You can read about it here http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iserie...xmstqntcfs.htm IIRC the user name and password must match on both machines. Tom D.

Comment

QNTC is nice when its Windows, but when its a mainframe, unix or in our case OS/2 NFS (network file system) fills the void. Yes, OS/2 is still in use out there. I believe NFS has its roots in Unix, so look under Unix rocks to find related info. IBM has a section on it somewhere just search by NFS. The command to do the mount is MOUNT (really, I'm not kidding) or in native tongue ADDMFS TYPE(*NFS) MFS("remote exported volume/path") MNTOVRDIR("local dir to become remote volume") I use a PING just before trying the mount to make sure the target is available. HTH, Shane.

Comment

Is it possible to do an NFS mount from the AS400 (like in the IFS) to a Windows 2003 server ? I know you can do it the otherway around, where the AS400 is the NFS server, but this instance I need the AS400 to be the NFS client. Thanks, Martin

Comment

I haven't gotten it working yet, but I need to get the attention of the remote system's adminitrator. Thanks again! Martin

Comment

Working...
            X