As400 ftp needs to send code 226 instead of 250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As400 ftp needs to send code 226 instead of 250

ronnie.jensen wrote: > We are getting FTP'ed a file from a Unix box, however the script on > the Unix box is expecting a code 226 to complete the transfer and not > the 250 code. Even though the 250 code could be correct, how do tell > the AS400 to send back a 226 code. The transfer completes, but since > the Unix box is expecting a 226, it goes into error mode. Ronnie, The Unix box's script can't be changed? Bill

No, the program is from Lucent Technologies and there are not going to change it.

Comment

If any 3rd party software does NOT produce the expected result, it SHOULD be changed by that 3rd party. Does the program not complete successfully because of this? If not tell lucent that there is a bug in the program that needs rectifying. I've dealt with numerous 3rd party software vendors and I have NEVER been told that a bug would not be fixed. Alan

Comment

Although the RFC indicates 226 is valid, I'm not sure if it's correct based on the actual conditions: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc640.html Terry

Comment

The 226 code expects the connection to close, while the 250 does not. This is from the IBM Site: The FTP completion code can be edited. In this specific scenario, the TCP1106 message text must be changed using the following command: CHGMSGD MSGID(TCP1106) MSGF(QTCP/QTCPMSGF) + MSG('250 File transfer Thanks to everybody for their help..

Comment

Watch out. . . . .Changing an IBM supplied system message file can cause serious problems elsewhere. Dave

Comment

We are getting FTP'ed a file from a Unix box, however the script on the Unix box is expecting a code 226 to complete the transfer and not the 250 code. Even though the 250 code could be correct, how do tell the AS400 to send back a 226 code. The transfer completes, but since the Unix box is expecting a 226, it goes into error mode.

Comment

In researching the situation, some FTP servers use the 226 while others use the 250. Why Lucent wrote theirs to work with just 1 is a little crazy, but what the hey, I didn't know there were 2 return codes for a completion.

Comment

Working...
                X