ftp an ifs folder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ftp an ifs folder...

Offhand, I do not know of a way to do this in one fell swoop (like with an mput). Since you are doing this programmatically, I assume that it will be an onoing process. So, I would write a program to build an instruction set for batch ftp processing. If you are unfamiliar with batch ftp processing on the 400, you can search this site for some good examples. Also, I will be happy to answer any questions as they arise. Joe

ftp an ifs folder...

Zip all the folders/files into a single zip file. ZIP on the AS400 likes to hide within a java tool called "jar". Java tools of course hide within the QSHELL. Example: jar CFM myfile.zip /tmp/mystuff/mydoc.pdf Merging the contents of the zip file with existing folders on the destination machine can be tricky. -Vincent.

Comment

ftp an ifs folder...

Thanks for the replies. Actually the process will have OUTQ's attached to a DTAQ which moves it to the proper folder. For the ftp portion, I was going to use a PF that contains the ftp commands which will build the script.

Comment

ftp an ifs folder...

Joe Wells wrote: > Offhand, I do not know of a way to do this in one fell swoop (like > with an mput). So, why wouldn't he use MPut? Bill

Comment

ftp an ifs folder...

have a folder in the ifs that contains subfolders and each of the subfolders contain pdf documents. I want to ftp the Main folder that will contain the subfolders to the ifs on another iseries (eventually it will go to a crystal server but I dont have the address yet and this is for testing since I'm doing it programmatically) Can I ftp whole folders and thier contents? What would I put in the command? e.g. PUT ??????/???? Thanks for any replies... Larry

Comment

ftp an ifs folder...

Why not use MPUT? Because he says he wants to FTP "whole folders and thier contents". Vincent.

Comment

Working...
            X