Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reviews/Experiences with Linoma's Transfer Anywhere?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews/Experiences with Linoma's Transfer Anywhere?

We have had the product installed for about a year and we can tell you that it is a pretty solid product. We do secure transmissions with banks and it has performed very well. In the beginning we had a few issues with not being aware when a transfer failed, but I think we have gotten all those solved and now it runs without problem every day. It sure beats the dial up BSC transfers we were doing. The programmer here that did the scripting reports, "There really is no scripting in the sense you normally think of. You define all of the transfer using the client. You can run the transfer manually or you can do what we did. We call the RUNTFR specifying the transfer name from a CL program. As long as your have logging turned on and do a bit of error trapping it works fine." We would give it a thumbs up.

Hello, I'm looking at Linoma's Transfer Anywhere for our company for it's use of SFTP and zipping and security to consolidate a AS400/PC process just to the AS400 for us. Has anyone used this and could let me know of your experiences? How much extra work was involved for scripting? Was it intuitive or complex? From the overview information I've seen so far, it looks like a solid product that would be what we need, but any perspectives would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comment

That is great to know. We would be using this to get rid of our AS400->PC->Dialup modem & back process for dealing with our processor. We wouldn't mind having to script some things, but the less extra code required the better. Thank you!

Comment

Transfer Anywhere was completely revamped about 3 years ago by Linoma Software and is now called GoAnywhere Director. You can find more information about GoAnywhere Director at www.GoAnywhereMFT.com . It still has all the same functionality that Transfer Anywhere did, but includes a lot more connectivity options, more job controls and a nice browser-based interface for setting up transfers. Transfers can still be launched directly from your CL and RPG programs with GoAnywhere. It supports the popular transfer protocols of FTP, SFTP, FTPS, HTTPS, AS2, Email, etc. A free trial is available on the web site.

Comment

Working...
        X