FTP i5 to MF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP i5 to MF

We've discovered adding REIN (reinitialize) to the second and third FTP scirpt files gets those commands acorss. Larry

FTP i5 to MF

lwilson wrote: > I'm attempting to use multiple script files, the first achieves > connection, then the following ones execute a PUT or NOOP (to hold > the line open before timeout) and the last one to close the > connection. Larry, I don't think you can do this with multiple jobs, but I'm not an FTP expert by any means. It makes sense to me that each job on the 400 is a separate connection attempt. Have you thought about making the initial job an all-in-one job? FTP does have the SysCmd command that will allow the processing of an OS/400 command from ftp without closing the connection. So, you should be able to work within this framework. You could also try the Debug FTP command, but I don't think that's going to work. Bill

Comment

FTP i5 to MF

lwilson wrote: > We've discovered adding REIN (reinitialize) to the second and third > FTP scirpt files gets those commands acorss. Larry That's interesting. I didn't mention it due to the help text saying that logging on again was required. Bill

Comment

FTP i5 to MF

Our mainframe is requsting sends into their HFS, which NJE does not handle. I'd like to have a never ending batch job start in the morning, log on via FTP once and transmit files all day long by changing the override to the INPUT file. We send thousands of files a day so we're trying to avoid logging on for each one. I'm attempting to use multiple script files, the first achieves connection, then the following ones execute a PUT or NOOP (to hold the line open before timeout) and the last one to close the connection. Problem is after the first one achieves connection and executes its CD command, FTP appears to insert its own QUIT so the later sources error because they are not logging on. CL: (NOTE - I've also tried with the DLTOVR activated but get same results) PGM OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LEWILSON/QFTPSRC) + MBR(OPENMFTTST) SHARE(*YES) OVRDBF FILE(OUTPUT) TOFILE(LEWILSON/QFTPSRC) + MBR(FTPLOG) SHARE(*YES) FTP RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) INTNETADR('nnn.nn.nn.nnn') /* DLTOVR FILE(INPUT) */ OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LEWILSON/QFTPSRC) + MBR(NOOPERAT) SHARE(*YES) FTP RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) INTNETADR('nnn.nn.nn.nnn') /* DLTOVR FILE(INPUT) */ OVRDBF FILE(INPUT) TOFILE(LEWILSON/QFTPSRC) + MBR(CLOSECONN) SHARE(*YES) FTP RMTSYS(*INTNETADR) INTNETADR('nnn.nn.nn.nnn') DLTOVR FILE(INPUT OUTPUT) ENDPGM OPENMFTTEST: close USER profile password CD /arscache/image NOOPERAT: NOOP CLOSECONN: CLOSE QUIT Is holding the FTP session open possible or does each script have to log on and off? thanks Larry

Comment

FTP i5 to MF

Bill, Thanks for your response. I've since discovered that while NOOP lets me get away with the multiple script layout layout, PUT doesn't. Not sure why, could be our MF parameters or perhaps NOOP is at a lower seucrity requirement than PUT.

Comment

Working...
          X