Monarch / Paxar 9825 Wireless No Longer Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monarch / Paxar 9825 Wireless No Longer Working

We successfully had this device running just fine at a client site. After Hurricane Gustav and Ike affected Baton Rouge, little things went haywire. Almost every device had to be tweaked in some fashion so it would run like it did before (20+ PC's and 5 bar code printers). This unit is the only one that is wireless, the rest are all running via Lexmark Print Servers. After recompiling the config, making tweaks, scouring various boards, and spending time with the device support gurus, it must be with the setup on the i5 (V5R4). I have tried at least 10 different configs and settings, both wireless and wired and none of them make it sing- it does fine via the PC tests. Here is one of the links I have been referred to: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docvie...256aa10077ebdb If anyone out there has one that is operating, please let me know. I'd really like to have the device description you are using! Thanxabunch!

Re:Monarch / Paxar 9825 Wireless No Longer Working

Can you tell me about what you did to the PC's and/or other devices to get them to work? I can't think of anything about a hurricane that would affect the iSeries in this manner. It really sounds more like the networking infrastructure has changed, like a new network addressing scheme or the like. But can't be sure from the details given. Bill

Comment

Re:Monarch / Paxar 9825 Wireless No Longer Working

They basically corrected several issues on the PC's. As far as this Paxar / Monarch 9825 is concerned it has now been re-flashed with the latest update. Testing with the MPCL Toolbox works perfectly- no problems printing from PC. When running jobs on the i5, we get Printer Error - CPD337F on the device. No changes were made to the printer config, it just does not print. All other Monarch printers work fine, just the wireless unit does not. We also have connected it to the other Lexmark print servers via parallel- it does not work on the i5. Any and all comments are greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X