Field level encryption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Field level encryption

We need to encrypt specific fields (columns) in our database. I'd like to know some of the methods used to encrypt data that others have used. I'm not opposed to purchasing a product to do this. TIA, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Field level encryption

Brendan, I have been assigned an encryption product to encrypt some existing fields on our database. We are not yet to the point that the data transmission needs to be encrypted, but I assume we will be there soon. My question to you, being an agent for Patrick Townsend & Associates, is (and I have nothing aginst them): Do you know of any other software packages like Townsend's that takes care of the enryption key management? Townsend's looks like a perfect fit for us, but I will need to look at other packages (their competition) to give a viable product recommendation. PT+A seems to be the most complete product out there, and the only other solutions I can find is the encryption on data transmission files, not the actual database, or doing the encryption using IBMs supplied APIs, which are an option, but in reading the dialogs on them, I am not getting to much of a good feeling about the APIs ease of use, not to mention the key management feature that must be maintained. Any ideas on other packages that I could look at would be appreciated. Thank you, Doug.

Comment

You may also want to check out Crypto Complete from Linoma Software at www.LinomaSoftware.com . It includes AES encryption, key management (for PCI) and audit trails. Database fields can automatically be encrypted without changing applications on the iSeries. Crypto Complete also includes IFS encryption and backup encryption. A free trial is available on their web site.

Comment

Working...
        X