IFS file times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IFS file times

Is there a Daylight Savings Time factor on the AS/400 IFS configuration, Chuck? Ralph

IFS file times

Dunno. How do I find out? "Ralph Daugherty" wrote in message news:6b177593.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Is there a Daylight Savings Time factor on the AS/400 IFS configuration, Chuck? > > Ralph

Comment

IFS file times

We are currently on Daylight Saving Time so QUTCOFFSET should be -7. On the last Sunday in October, at 2am, you'd change the system time 1 hour back (from 2am to 1am) AND change QUTCOFFSET to -8.

Comment

IFS file times

A little CL program to change the system value works nicely. We have been doing this for quite some time. It can be done with the scheduler that comes with OS/400 and a programmer capable of writing the simple CL. We probably don't even have to go to India to find that talent!!

Comment

IFS file times

I notice that when I create copy a file to the IFS using CPYTOIMPF that when I look at the creation time from a PC it always has the time as 1 hour in the future. I've checked from several PCs and they all show the IFS file's time as 1 hour in the future. Both the AS/400 and the PCs have the correct system time. I've checked the time zone of all the PCs and they are correct (Pacific time zone for Southern California.) I've also checked the "Coordinated Universal time Offset" on the AS/400 and it is -08:00 which, as I understand it, is the correct time offset for Los Angeles. Any other thoughts? chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

IFS file times

Or upgrade to V5R3 and set the new system value QTIMZON to QN0800PST (Pacific Standard Time). Then the system will set QUTCOFFSET to the correct value for you (in addition to automatically adjusting QTIME when entering and exiting daylight saving time).

Comment

Working...
            X