ADDAJE v ADDPJE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADDAJE v ADDPJE

My understanding is: ADDAJE adds jobs that will always run once and only once the subsystem is started. These jobs run based upon a job/sbs description. ADDPJE adds jobs that may or may not run when the subsystem starts and have the option to run any time the STRPJ command is issued. These jobs run based partly upon a job/sbs description and additional available job control specifications, e.g. Threshold, class, pool, etc. More information can easily be found by entering the command on the command line and pressing F1. Good luck, Jon

ADDAJE v ADDPJE

Another way to look at this is... ADDAJE is a way to submit a batch job when the subsystem starts (the AJE points to a Job Description which, in turn, contains the request string in the RQSDTA parameter); ADDPJE tends to be used for comms jobs. You'll find a number of PJs in subsystems such as QUSRWRK. The PJ services another job's request. For example, each QZDASOINIT (PJ) job will service ODBC and similar SQL requests from a requesting job. You'll find a number of these PJs just sitting there waiting for a request. The basic idea of the PJ is to provide a quicker start-up for the requesting job than the "traditional" method where a whole new comms job would need to start up for each request. Cheers Bill

Comment

ADDAJE v ADDPJE

Hi there, Can anyone clarify the differences between ADDAJE & ADDPJE - i understand ( i think ) what they are doing, but would like a good example to use either one or the other. thanks Carl

Comment

ADDAJE v ADDPJE

Well at least i know the difference now! thanks

Comment

Working...
        X