How to find out if CA/400 is loaded on AS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to find out if CA/400 is loaded on AS400

Susan, If you enter GO LICPGM from a command line, you should see a listing for licensed program 5769-XW1 or possibly 5649-XW1 for the Client Access code on the 400. The clients that were available for V4R4 are: 5769-XE1 Client Access Express, 5769-XD1 Client Access for Windows 95/NT. amd 5763-XK1 Client Access Enhanced for Windows 3.1. Needless to say, IBM doesn't support these anymore. If you want to use Client Access for Windows XP clients, you will have to get on board the upgrade bandwagon. I don't think IBM supports V4R4 anymore, either!

GO LICPGM and use option 10. It'll be at the bottom; the Client Access / iSeries Access licensed program name is 57nnXnn. For example, V5R2 iSeries Access for Windows is 5722XE1. A much older release might be 5763XD1 or 5769XW1. And the description will be a clue too....

Comment

Could someone tell me what feature you should look for in installed products to know if CA/400 is loaded on our system? thanks

Comment

Got it. Seems we have 5769XE1 status *compatible for ca400 express for windows. what i found out is MIA is the CD containing the CAexpress version to be loaded on the PC. I tried contacting IBM to see if I can get a replacement CD.

Comment

susan gillies wrote: > Got it. Seems we have 5769XE1 status *compatible for ca400 express > for windows. what i found out is MIA is the CD containing the > CAexpress version to be loaded on the PC. I tried contacting IBM to > see if I can get a replacement CD. Susan, You don't need to obtain the CD. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to the \as400networknameQIBMProdDataCA400ExpressInstallIm age folder and run Setup.exe . Bill

Comment

Working...
          X