X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mail Attachments from AS400

What commands or APIs are you using to send the emails? Dave

Mail Attachments from AS400

here are two commands i run, first one works and the other dont: 1- SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG) TOUSRID((XXXX SYSNAM)) DSTD(DESCRIPTION) MSG('Test Message') LONGMSG('This is a test Message from AS400') 2- SNDDST TYPE(*DOC) TOUSRID((XXXX SYSNAM)) DSTD(DESCRITION) DOC(MAILTEST) FLR(FOLDER)

Comment

Is there any system value or anything that may prevent sending the attachment?

Comment

guys im getting this msg: Message ID . . . . . . : CPI9046 Severity . . . . . . . : 00 Message type . . . . . : Information Date sent . . . . . . : 26/06/07 Time sent . . . . . . : 10:37:29 Message . . . . : Distribution to user identifier FRAS DEVELOP failed. Cause . . . . . : The distribution was sent by user identifier(ID) YYYY SYSNAM to user ID XXXX SYSNAM at 26/06/07 10:37:29. The distribution failed at System name SYSNAM System group with Document Interchange Architecture (DIA) notification code X'0401'. DIA notification codes are: 0401-Invalid document.

Comment

GOT IT FINALLY IT'S ALL ABOUT DEFINING THE USER IN THE DIRECTORY: Preferred Addreess: SMTP Name (option 3) Thanks allll

Comment

Hi all I configured the SMTP on our AS400 in order to send mails to our exchange, anyway, i got 3 problems, the main problem is that i only can send messages but not files!! when i try to send an attachment (*FILE), it says it was successfully sent, but i never recieve the mail. the other issues concers the CC and BCC, im not able to put any mail on a CC!! it's not delivered. one last thing, when i try to send a mail (snddst) from a user defined on other AS400 systems, it wont send, and i get this message: Request from XXXX is not supported for remote users. any help regarding these issues, specially the attachments thanks in advance

Comment

cani ask one more question please: when i try to start SMTP with convertion tables, it ended directly, and the log shows that it ended normally. we have special arabic characters which we need those tables for attachments. any clue?

Comment

Working...
              X