Upgrading to V5R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading to V5R3

There are significant changes with CPYFRMIMPF in V5R3 see http://www-912.ibm.com/n_dir/nas4apa...3?OpenDocument

Comment

Upgrading to V5R3

Hi, all. I will be attempting an upgrade from V5R2 on our model 820 to V5R3 in early February as the first step to an i5 upgrade. I had a horrendous experience, that I recounted on this newsgroup, when going from V4R5 to V5R2 20 months ago. Some of you may remember reading that experience that involved an IBM VP and about 30 hours of downtime of our AS/400. I'm hoping to avoid such an experience this time and hopefully with your help I can. Are there any gotchas that I should be aware of? Are there any things I can do to speed up the process? Will just having the latest CUM install BEFORE the upgrade get me up to speed on what I need or are there specific PTFs that I need outside the normal CUM process? I have already downloaded and run the PTF that reserves the extra space for the OS, so I should be fine there. Any help would be appreciated. Pointing me to appropriate web sites is helpful, but personal accounts with bumps and hiccups is more useful. TIA, chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

Upgrading to V5R3

Jgolds thanks for the link to the document it was of great use. The only problem is that when I use iSeries navi to find the file on the iSeries its not there - can you help in any way. Thanks for any help George

Comment

Working...
        X