X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iSeries Automatically disables users

Check the Password Expiration Interval parameter in the user profile. Dave

iSeries Automatically disables users

Look at these commands: DSPACTSCD CHGACTSCDE ANZDFTPWD (see if on the job scheduler) Chris

Comment

You have to check those System values: QPWDEXPITV QMAXSGNACN QMAXSIGN and the things mentioned by colleagues from this Forum. The System Action is combination of System values and "Password expiration interval . . PWDEXPITV" option in User Profile Definition. Go to menu "SECTOOLS" to check what other reasons are possible.

Comment

A simple question , under what criteria would the iSeries. automatically disable a user , not including 3 failed password attempts ? Thanks George

Comment

As far as I know, password expiration will not disable a user profile. It will force them to change their password at signon. Besides default passwords and profile activation schedules, you can also look at Analyze Profile Activity, ANZPRFACT. If this has been run, there should be a job schedule entry named QSECIDL1. The user profile that runs the job gets messages about diabled profiles, profiles that are already disabled, and (though I've never actually received one), profiles that couldn't be disabled. If you create a profile to run this job (I have one that has no password, with appropriate special authorities), you can write a break handling program to capture these messages, and write out profile changes to a file, or whatever.

Comment

Working...
          X