Changing initial Sign on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing initial Sign on screen

The sign-on screen has DSPF source just like any other. You can grab this in QGPL/QDDSSRC. It's called QDSIGNON, and you may change it (but not the fields) at your own risk. Dave

As David suggested you can modify the DSPF, it's best to take your own copy and compile back into QGPL. You can modify the display fields, for instance we made the program, menu and curlib fields hidden. David is correct in that they must remain present in the display file,nut you can however play around with their attributes.

Comment

Thanks for the help. The one additional step was to change the subsystem parameter to CHGSBSD SBSD(QINTER) SGNDSPF(QGPL/QDSIGNONXM) and restart the subsystem. To revert back to the original screen CHGSBSD SBSD(QINTER) SGNDSPF(QSYS/QDSIGNON)

Comment

Here are 2 questions to mull over as we approach the festive season 1) Is there a way to change the initial sign on screen from the current Sign On System . . . . . : Subsystem . . . . : Display . . . . . : User . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Password . . . . . . . . . . . . Program/procedure . . . . . . . . Menu . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Current library . . . . . . . . . To something more dynamic ? 2) We are running Notes (ND6 V6.5) on iSeries (V5.2) and I want to start to journal email rather then arc hiving can any one help? Thanks for any help Best wishes to all the Gurus out there who have helped over the past year and keep up the good work during 2005 Cheers George

Comment

On V5R2, the source for the signon display file is in QSYS/QAWTSSRC. There are actually two now. QDSIGNON is for 10 character passwords (QPWDLVL=0 or 1). QDSIGNON2 is for 128 character mixed case passwords (QPWDLVL=2 or 3). As mentioned, you must not change the order of any I, O, or B fields, in the DDS. You can change their position on the display. You can't add any new fields, or take away any of the fields (though you could make then non-display and protected). You can do whatever you like with the constants, including deleting them, or adding new ones. When you create your new display file, it should have the same attributes as the IBM supplied file, especially MAXDEV(255) and LVLCHK(*NO). [I'm doing this from memory; the MAXDEV might be 256.] Now, for the dynamic part. As mentioned before, you can't add any new output fields, because that would change the I/O buffer. But you can add an output field (not a literal), if you use MSGID. Create a message file, and put your 'variable' text as MSG() of a message description. I use this technique to put alert messages on the signon display. I once had a customer put their company's stock price out there, and updated it several times daily. The message text is retrieved when the signon display is written. If you change the message description, anyone already at a signon display does not immediately get the new text. But the next time display is written, they get it. This includes after signoff, of course, but also if they have an error on the signon display, such as a bad password.

Comment

Working...
          X