V5R3 Memo to users is broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R3 Memo to users is broken

Hi all, In preparation to upgrade to V5R3 I started reading the "Memo To Users" that is on IBM's web site. It's a daunting 86 page document. But, as the commercial says, "But wait there's more!" The Memo to users is riddled with references to links to IBM's web site making the reading of the "Memo To Users" something that must be done at a computer that is internet connected and it also makes it a difficult task to read this. What's worse is that some of the references in the "Memo To Users" simply don't exist on the IBM website. This makes the task of very discontinuous as I spend a lot of time trying to find some of these links to no avail. Example, page ix under "Installation Considerations" I am told to go to www.ibm.com/eserver/iseries/infocenter an then, to quote the memo, "Click Installation, upgrades, and migration > Install the OS/400 release and related software." There's simply no such thing to click on that page, nor nothing remotely like it. Everyone I've heard from regarding the V5R3 upgrade tells me this is a different animal and that I must follow the "Memo To Users" exactly. I find it very difficult to follow instructions that lead me no where. And, I haven't even proceeded to Chapter 1! I've got a bad feeling about this Toto. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Chuck, You can always call IBM, and have them do it for a fee. In larger shops like yours this may actually be cost effective. Dave

Comment

David, Actually, our business partner, Sirius, is doing the upgrade. Even so, I'll be there the whole time. But, being ever careful, I want to make sure all the ducks are lined up so that our downtime window is minimized. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "David Abramowitz" wrote in message news:6b2111dc.0@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Chuck, > > You can always call IBM, and have them do it for a fee. In larger shops like yours this may actually be cost effective. > > Dave

Comment

Working...
      X