Disabling print screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabling print screen

Depending upon the emulator being used, you may usually customize the menu bar and task bar. By doing this you would simply not include the print screen button. However. . . . . You would have to do this for each and every user. Dave

Disabling print screen

Thanks David, but still on the File menu, the print screen is still enabled. after days of searching, seems no way to disable this function on user's screens.

Comment

Disabling print screen

got it!! from Menu-Bar customization utility!! u can disable anything, but as David said, this must be done on all emulators one by one, and the end user can change it too if he reach it.

Comment

Disabling print screen

I see you found it. But in case anyone else needs to modify the menu bar, the program is C:Program FilesIBMClient AccessEmulatorPCSMENU.exe The changes must be done be done for each session.

Comment

Disabling print screen

It should be noted that each emulation product that provides this capability will do so under a different name. Dave

Comment

Disabling print screen

So, what would stop someone from hitting ALT-PRINTSCREEN, pasting the screen into MS Paint or MS Word and printing from there? (nothing...?) Chris

Comment

Disabling print screen

yes Ringer, user have so many options and ways to do so, but the idea is that we need to control it in branches (we r at a bank), where some employees just print the screen and provide the customer with his account details!! so it's kind of limiting him from that.

Comment

Disabling print screen

Call me silly, but why wouldn't you want to be able to give the customer their account details? This seems to be a simple way to provide customer service.

Comment

Disabling print screen

yes isddarms, there are some policies in providing ur customers with some details, for example, they dont have to give them a paper which written at the bottom of it: F3: EXIT F12: CANCEL right? it's a huge bank that needs to satisfy their customers and at the same time be professional

Comment

Disabling print screen

I've read elsewhere that Windows group policy files (.pol?) can be used to control many aspects of Windows and applications; I googled "windows policy printscreen" and there's a lot out there. Also, look at the Policy generator program, cwbadgen.exe. Here's a COMMON presentation: http://www.common.be/pdffiles/141120...Unleashing.pdf Here's the V5R4 InfoCenter about policies: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...ipolicyadm.htm

Comment

Disabling print screen

Why not just tie a program to the print screen key that prints out that customer's information on the nearest printer?

Comment

Disabling print screen

I know that sometimes it is difficult to even suggest this, but what you have here is user management avoiding responsibility for a training issue. You could suggest that they beef up the training ast a first attempt to resolve this. But if you must do this, remove the "print key" functions from the 5250 display screens, have network security classify customer service PCs so they can secure the (Client Access?) emulator program menu and display configuration files to administrators only and ensure that the users do not have local admin rights. Ken Rokos has you on the right track with this last piece.

Comment

Disabling print screen

Hi there know i ask too much, but i find this site really helpful, thanks all. anyway, my question for today is if i have any way to disable the print screen button on 5250 emulator?

Comment

Working...
                          X