Daylight savings time - OS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight savings time - OS400

Ok, its that time of year again, and yet again I have to reset the time manually on the i/Series to reflect daylight savings time. I realize this is a minor issue when compared to many other items, but come on, its 2005 and we still don't have a system value, QDAYSAV *DATTIM !!! I am on V5R2 so maybe things have changed in V5R3 but I am not holding my breath. And please don't tell me to code something and put it in the job scheduler, if this is truely a modern operating system we should expect more. And no I don't want to setup a NTP or NNTP server and sync the time, just give me a system value that allows me to specify if I am in an area that has daylight savings or not. Common, Windows 95 did this in 1995!!! Although if I remember correctly, Microsoft did have some issues with it, but common this is IBM Rochester give me my QDAYSAV system value!!!!! Rant over getting ready to reset my clocks again on Sunday. Thank you for your time, its a type of therapy.

Daylight savings time - OS400

dbarber wrote: > Ok, its that time of year again, and yet again I have to reset the > time manually on the i/Series to reflect daylight savings time. I > realize this is a minor issue when compared to many other items, but > come on, its 2005 and we still don't have a system value, QDAYSAV > *DATTIM !!! I am on V5R2 so maybe things have changed in V5R3 but I > am not holding my breath. Get thyself to V5R3: http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver...3overview.html " New time zone support: Includes automatic changes between standard and daylight savings times. " Bill

Comment

Working...
    X