X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with V5R4 and QDLS

See if this helps... http://www.systeminetwork.com/isnetf...54&postcount=9

Issue with V5R4 and QDLS

George: Did you ever get the resolution to this problem? I recently upgraded to V5R4 and have a similar problem. My error indicates that my path is invalid (ip address/QDLS). This does not make any sense to me. Since, it works fine on one lpar but not on the other? Thanks.

Comment

Issue with V5R4 and QDLS

The issue you are having does relate to the info provided by Lujate. The QDLS file system is not threadsafe, but the "root" file system apparently is. If people try to map to multiple file systems, one threadsafe and the other not threadsafe, you will have problems. A good resolution to the problem is to move your QDLS folders to the root file system. You can also use "long" name support (i.e. the files no longer have to conform to file names of 8 characters with a 3 character file extension). You may also see a performance improvement. For a better explanation, contact IBM software support (like we did). Good luck!

Comment

Issue with V5R4 and QDLS

We have upgrade to v5r4 and like most other people we have a problem mapping to QDLS folder , this worked OK under V5R3. Dispite the fact we put in the correct user id and password the connection is not being allowed saying I dont the the correct authority. Can any one help Cheers George

Comment

Issue with V5R4 and QDLS

We had similar issues. If you map more than one drive to your system i, be sure that the *FIRST* drive you map is the one to QDLS. That will start a QZLSFILE job rather than the new QZLSFILET job in QSERVER. I occasionally still have issues. But they are much fewere and far between.

Comment

Working...
          X