FILES WITH .TMP EXTENSION APPEARING IN THE IFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FILES WITH .TMP EXTENSION APPEARING IN THE IFS

Philip, We had an issue similar to this. Any document that was created in the IFS was also creating a *.tmp document. This was only happening on XP, SP2 pc's. Called IBM - had to download a PTF to correct this issue. Our iSeries is V5R3 - is this true in your case, are the pc's with the issue XP SP2?
    ________
    Xxx streaming videos
    Last edited by Diane Mueller; 03-29-2011, 10:48 AM.

Philip Foster wrote: > We map drives on our users' PCs to folders In the IFS in order to > give them a way of saving text files downloaded from websites to the > Iseries. We notice that files with a .TMP extension appear in the > Iseries folder when our users do this (in addition to the file they > copied). These .TMP files are giving us problems. They started > appearing about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a similar problem, and > if so, does anyone have a solution ? Note that we are on V5R2. Philip, One easy way is to use the PC del command. Here is an example of something I run on my PC on occassion: Del *.tmp /s This is run from the root directory on my PC and the /s option tells it to process every subfolder. You could do the same from a parent folder on the 400 from a PC. Note that you must have Windows NT or better to run the /s option, Win 98 will not work. Bill

Comment

I found a good definition and what they are used for/why they are on your pcat this address: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=TMP Looks like they are created to contain something "things" that are important to the downloaded file.

Comment

We have some machines on V5R2 and some on V5R3. They all will probably be on V5R3 soon. I will check to see who in our company is using Windows XP, service pack 2. I was not aware of the problems related to it. Thanks for the help !!!

Comment

Thanks !!

Comment

We map drives on our users' PCs to folders In the IFS in order to give them a way of saving text files downloaded from websites to the Iseries. We notice that files with a .TMP extension appear in the Iseries folder when our users do this (in addition to the file they copied). These .TMP files are giving us problems. They started appearing about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a similar problem, and if so, does anyone have a solution ? Note that we are on V5R2. Below is an example of what I'm talking about. Folder . . . INFOWP/IFMUP Document Document Description ABE38000 LOWESDED.TXT ADE45000 LOWESDED.TXT ADE93000 LOWESDED.TXT ASAA.TMP FSAA.TMP ASAB.TMP FSAB.TMP

Comment

Diane, Could you please provide the V5R3 PTF you spoke of? Thanks. Don Sternberg dsternberg@chartercom.com

Comment

Working...
              X