X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dsternberg@chartercom.com
    replied
    FILES WITH .TMP EXTENSION APPEARING IN THE IFS

Diane, Could you please provide the V5R3 PTF you spoke of? Thanks. Don Sternberg dsternberg@chartercom.com

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

We map drives on our users' PCs to folders In the IFS in order to give them a way of saving text files downloaded from websites to the Iseries. We notice that files with a .TMP extension appear in the Iseries folder when our users do this (in addition to the file they copied). These .TMP files are giving us problems. They started appearing about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a similar problem, and if so, does anyone have a solution ? Note that we are on V5R2. Below is an example of what I'm talking about. Folder . . . INFOWP/IFMUP Document Document Description ABE38000 LOWESDED.TXT ADE45000 LOWESDED.TXT ADE93000 LOWESDED.TXT ASAA.TMP FSAA.TMP ASAB.TMP FSAB.TMP

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks !!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

We have some machines on V5R2 and some on V5R3. They all will probably be on V5R3 soon. I will check to see who in our company is using Windows XP, service pack 2. I was not aware of the problems related to it. Thanks for the help !!!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I found a good definition and what they are used for/why they are on your pcat this address: http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=TMP Looks like they are created to contain something "things" that are important to the downloaded file.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Philip Foster wrote: > We map drives on our users' PCs to folders In the IFS in order to > give them a way of saving text files downloaded from websites to the > Iseries. We notice that files with a .TMP extension appear in the > Iseries folder when our users do this (in addition to the file they > copied). These .TMP files are giving us problems. They started > appearing about 6 months ago. Does anyone have a similar problem, and > if so, does anyone have a solution ? Note that we are on V5R2. Philip, One easy way is to use the PC del command. Here is an example of something I run on my PC on occassion: Del *.tmp /s This is run from the root directory on my PC and the /s option tells it to process every subfolder. You could do the same from a parent folder on the 400 from a PC. Note that you must have Windows NT or better to run the /s option, Win 98 will not work. Bill

Leave a comment:

• Diane Mueller
    started a topic FILES WITH .TMP EXTENSION APPEARING IN THE IFS

Philip, We had an issue similar to this. Any document that was created in the IFS was also creating a *.tmp document. This was only happening on XP, SP2 pc's. Called IBM - had to download a PTF to correct this issue. Our iSeries is V5R3 - is this true in your case, are the pc's with the issue XP SP2?
    ________
    Xxx streaming videos
    Last edited by Diane Mueller; 03-29-2011, 10:48 AM.
Working...
X