S/36 RPG36 Memeber on OS/400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S/36 RPG36 Memeber on OS/400

Nick, Do a GO CMDS36, and you will see the menu below. Perhaps there will be something on this menu that will help. Bruce
    Code

No luck there Bruce, any other ideas?

Comment

Nick, Have you tried the RSTS36LIBM (Restore S/36 Library Members) command? Here's what the help says: "The Restore System/36 Library Members (RSTS36LIBM) command reads a file containing library members, creates database source or data file members on this system, and copies the member data from the file into each restored member. The input file can be a diskette file, tape file, or database physical file on this system. The file could have been created on a System/36, a System/34, or a System/32 using either the FROMLIBR or SAVELIBR system operator control language (OCL) procedure (or the equivalent use of $MAINT), or by using the Save System/36 Library Members (SAVS36LIBM) command." . . . and . . . "If the library identified by the value specified for the To library prompt (TOLIB parameter) does not exist, it is created. Also, the source files QS36SRC and QS36PRC are created if they do not exist in the restore-to library. If the restore operation creates the library, the new library is owned by the user running the RSTS36LIBM command and the library is created with a default authority of *ALL (that is, the same as AUT(*ALL) )." This sounds like the command will do what you need. Let me know if it works. Bruce
      Code

Comment

but I think you can use the S/36 environment (STRS36, I think) and compile everything, and run it like a S/36 at least to get up and running. The RPG will most likely have Internally described files, processed Input-Primary instead of Full-functional, but the biggest problems in converting to native will be with Interactive programs. I would: 1) Get it up and running in S/36 mode (if you have S/36 experience) 2) Convert to RPG/3 (non ILE Structure), and get it to work in native AS/400. 3) THEN Convert to ILE if you plan to contine running the App. Good Luck! /George

Comment

Usually all sources (menus, programs, display formats and sorts) are in QS36SRC. The System/36 uses OCL in place of CL. Unlike CL, OCL isn't compiled.OCL is in QS36PRC.To go native you will have to convert the OCL to CL. I believe QS36LOD can be ignored.

Comment

Found this about QS36LOD in the RSTS36LIBM (Restore System/36 Library Members) Command Description If a sector-mode FROMLIBR file or a SAVELIBR file created on a System/36 is being restored, data files QS36LOD and QS36SBR may also be created to hold restored load and subroutine members. Restored load and subroutine members are not converted on the current system.

Comment

Hi Guys, thanks for all the replies, all really helpful. I've used the RSTS36LIBM to restore the library originally. I then found the following parameters for the command: Optional Parameters SRCMBRS Specifies which source member types (source and procedure members on System/36) are restored. *ALL: All source and procedure members in the input file that match the member name specified (TOMBR parameter) are restored. For example, if TOMBR(PAY*) and SRCMBRS(*ALL) is specified, all source and procedure members that start with the letters 'PAY' are restored. *SRC: Only System/36 source members (to file QS36SRC) that match the member name specified (TOMBR parameter) are restored. *PRC: Only System/36 OCL procedure members (to file QS36PRC) that match the member name specified (TOMBR parameter) are restored. *NONE: No source or procedure library members are restored. OBJMBRS Specifies which object member types (load and subroutine members on System/36) are restored. Because the System/36 and the iSeries 400 are not object compatible, any restored members are not immediately useable after the restore operation. IBM-supplied commands or user-written operations must be run to convert the object member to a useable iSeries 400 object.[*]NONE: No System/36 object members are restored.[*]SBR: Only System/36 subroutine members (to file QS36SBR), which match the member name specified (TOMBR parameter), are restored.[*]LOD: Only System/36 load members (to file QS36LOD), which match the member name specified (TOMBR parameter), are restored. Th3e bit that confuses me is the OBJMBRS bit, telling me 'Because the System/36 and the iSeries 400 are not object compatible, any restored members are not immediately useable after the restore operation. IBM-supplied commands or user-written operations must be run to convert the object member to a useable iSeries 400 object.' This is th ecommand that I'm searchibng for!!! I can't fing an OS/400 command anywhere for it! Thanks Again

Comment

I am presently trying to load an old app from an S36 to OS/400. I have managed to restore the library but there is a 'QS36LOD'; which looks liek it contains all my SRC members. It looks like I need to convert these files to be OS/400 obj Compatable, however I have no idea of the command to use! Anyone remember how to do this!! Thanks in advance Nick

Comment

When you restore S36 libraries, if the SYSVAL QFRCCVNRST is set to '1', then the objects are automatically converted to run on the target machine. You will need to run them in 36E until converted to native. And 'YES' that option is the one you are looking for.

Comment

Working...
                  X