V5R3M0 PDM message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R3M0 PDM message

Use STRPDM, Press F18, Page Down to the second screen and enter a "2" for "Display informational messages" Terry

V5R3M0 PDM message

Terry thanks for that , do you know about min specked PC ? George

Comment

V5R3M0 PDM message

Try F18....scroll to 2nd page....change "display informational messages" to 2.

Comment

V5R3M0 PDM message

Sorry George, I don't use WDSC! Last I knew you needed a heavy-duty PC in terms of memory and disk space for it to work efficiently. Terry (strictly a PDM/SEU user - doesn't have a "screamer" PC...lol)

Comment

V5R3M0 PDM message

I know you have to have at least 1gig of ram. I am running it on a T42 thinkpad with 1gig and it's OK, not great, but OK.
            hope that helps![/list]We just went to V5r3 from V5r1, and are having some weird things happen with SQL and Thin Client terminals from WYSE and Neoware. What oddities have you experienced? Thanks! BCA

Comment

V5R3M0 PDM message

To any 5.3ers out there Having just gone to 5.3 we now encounter the annoying message at the bottom of screens after starting a PDM session - how do we stop this message from being displayed ? Have you tried the modern alternative to PDM? Press F1 for more details. If I do goto - WebSphere Development Studio Client - what is the minimum spec now required on a PC. Thanks for any help George

Comment

V5R3M0 PDM message

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree here. The minimum specs for WDSC vary widely depending on what you're doing. To use it primarily as an SEU replacement (editing and verifying DDS and RPG, submitting compiles, even debugging), a smallish machine will work fine. If you plan on doing web testing, your needs will go up. As an SEU replacement, WDSC will run adequately, if a bit sluggish, on a laptop with 512MB of RAM and a 1.5GHz processor. The primary reason for sluggishness on laptops is NOT the memory or CPU, however: it's the disk drive. Laptops typically have horrid little 5400RPM disks which are absolutely nasty for Java. I wouldn't write home about it, but in general that configuration is usable (I do all my road shows using a 2.7GHz Celeron and 768MB of RAM, and I have no performance problems). BCA is right, though, that 1GB is better. My median machine would be a desktop with a 2-3GHz CPU (preferably NOT a Celeron), 1GB of RAM and 7200RPM disk drives; that will run RPG development very well, thank you. (That's about $700 at Gateway, sans monitor.) For full-blown web development, you definitely have to go with at least 1GB of RAM. Also, 7200RPM disk drives are barely adequate; I'd shoot for 10K drives if at all possible. I use 15K drives on my heavy-duty box, and it makes a huge difference (as in reducing startup time for the WebSphere Test Environment from nearly a minute to under 15 seconds). Finally, the absolute minimum for screen real estate is 1024x768, and 1280x1024 makes a big difference (it's nearly 50% more pixels, so it should). I haven't tried higher resolutions; instead I'm going to pop on a second monitor for debugging. With 17" LCDs under $200 (and sometimes you can even find a 19"!) it's a reasonable investment. Joe

Comment

Working...
              X