V5R3 and 5250 Emulators - problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R3 and 5250 Emulators - problems

It sounds like these products had placed objects in QSYS or other system libraries, and the objects were wiped out with the new release. The emulators are looking for something on the server, and cannot find it. That's what MCH0601 is all about. Reinstall the server side, and you should be O.K. Dave

Dave, Thanks for the reply. These are thin client terminals from WYSE and Neoware. We contacted WYSE and they suggested updating the firmware, which we did. The results are the same. I am not aware of anything on the iSeries that we had to load to make these things work. We are out of ideas! Thanks! Brad

Comment

here is the dump from the program that is bombing. it's weird that it seems to be happening whenever an error message is being displayed from the program. As in an edit routine is catching a problem and alerting the user. Thanks!

QPPGMDMP470202.txt

Comment

Brad wrote: > Thanks for the reply. These are thin client terminals from WYSE and > Neoware. We contacted WYSE and they suggested updating the firmware, > which we did. The results are the same. I am not aware of anything on > the iSeries that we had to load to make these things work. I think you're going to need to call IBM. But that might not be fruitful since their point of view may be that all of their pieces are working correctly. Bill

Comment

hi, we just upgrarded our iSeries to V5R3 and we are having issues with some screens now that are displayed on NEOWARE and WYSE thin clients. it also fails on 3rd party emulation products like Reflections, and MochaSoft. The screen works fine on Client access. But on any emulation product it will fail with the following error when displayed on one of these clients. This happens only when the error message format is being written. MCH0601 - Space offset X'00003000' or X'0000000000000000' is outside current limit for object WOCRTTFM WSUPD *N *DMODP. This is killing us! any help is appreciated! BCA

Comment

hi, yes I agree! IBM is sending us some kind of Trace program to capture more data at the time of the failure. so hopefully that will give them something to work with. I'll be sure and post back the results.

Comment

Working...
            X