DDM Files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDM Files

or you could change the DDM server attributes to not use password control. CHGDDMTCPA PWDRQD(*NO)

DDM Files

I wondered about that.....however, I was concerned about the security implications. Thanks, Joe

Comment

DDM Files

We have a LPAR that we use as a test environement and we have several DDM files defined using the ip address as the remote location. However, this appears to require that the user passwords be in synch with the remote location. This is a real pain! I have dealt with DDM files in the past and not had this problem, however they used *SNA. Can someone point me to a step by step setup that would allow me to use *SNA for the DDM files? I did this a LONG time ago, but the steps escape me now! Thanks, Joe

Comment

DDM Files

We hit that wall several years ago as well. What we decided to do is use the ADDSVRAUTE command for QDDMSERVER. What this command does is exchange one profile for another when initiating a DDM connection. You can use this for other communication methods as well. We set up one standard user profile on all of our machines and then added an entry for each user who could initiate a DDM connection on the initiating machine. As long as that standard profile had the same password and proper object level authority, you won't have a problem. ADDSVRAUTE USRPRF(NEWUSER) SERVER(QDDMSERVER) USRID(STDUSER)

Comment

Working...
        X