Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a maximum size for attachments to emails from the 400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a maximum size for attachments to emails from the 400?

I don't know about the size, but there is a limit of 9,999 distributions from a single user. Sent emails are recorded in the distribution log, and should be cleaned up periodically: http://www.mcpressonline.com/mc?1@17...ae.1@.6b27cb17 Dave

Take a look at CHGPOPA MSGSPLIT(). Might help. Chris

Comment

Is there a maximum size for attachments to emails from the 400? I recently got all excited after I first configured SMTP on one of our machines. I made it available to some users and they started complaining because some attachments could not be opened. After investigating further, it appears that some files can be emailed successfully, but others just refuse to open. In addition, there is hex text in the body of the email, and if the files are really big, there may be a number of emails sent rather than 1. An example of the SNDDST command I am issuing is; SNDDST TYPE(*DOC) TOUSRID((&USER &SYSNAME)) + DSTD(&P#FILE) MSG('This email contains + your download. Use Excel to open it') + DOC(&DOC) FLR(&FLR)

Comment

That done the trick, thanks Chris. I'll have to look at the archiving thing as well though. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
        X