CRTUSRPRF.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRTUSRPRF.

Lori T. wrote: > This is my first time learn how to create a new user profile, so I > like to know if someone can give me some ideas on what is a best and > secure way to do it? before I give the new profile back to the user, > do I need to test the profile and how? I also like to know when you > start your new job as a operator/programmer, what is a major thing > you need to know and do? Lori, I think one of the best ways to do it, when the circumstances permit, is to just copy the profile of someone performing a similar function in the organization. WrkUsrPrf *all Then use option 3 on the profile to be copied. bill

CRTUSRPRF.

Hi Lori, Pay particular attention to the parameter called Special authority (SPCAUT). If you use the F1 help key it will give a brief description on the special authorities. Scott

Comment

CRTUSRPRF.

Lori, There are several things that you should change when doing a copy of an existing profile. The password and profile text are two that should be watched. Password will be the default which is the same as the new user profile. The profile text can be changed later however, when a new profile is created, the msgq is also created and that uses the original text which does not get changed when profile text is changed after it is already setup. Would be good to do help on each parm so you can determine yourself. Dan

Comment

CRTUSRPRF.

To a new programmer the best advice is: don't destroy your company's data or software. Don't ever run untested programs over production data. Keep as far away as you can from production data. Be sure what library you are compiling a program into. Be sure to rename old versions of programs to avoid overlaying code you may need to go back to. If you ever use a command that begins with DLT, stop before you press the enter key and think for as long as it takes to be absolutely sure that you know what this command will do and you really want to do it. As an operator apply the "think long and hard before pressing enter" rule to any drastic commands, such as PWRDWNSYS.

Comment

CRTUSRPRF.

Hi All, This is my first time learn how to create a new user profile, so I like to know if someone can give me some ideas on what is a best and secure way to do it? before I give the new profile back to the user, do I need to test the profile and how? I also like to know when you start your new job as a operator/programmer, what is a major thing you need to know and do? All your answers are appreciated.

Comment

CRTUSRPRF.

Go to an IBM library and save or print a copy of the CL manual. Learning the CL commands and their functionality is the best way to start learning the system. Do not be satisfied navigating through menus and not understanding what the commands are. Also when you see the message screen waiting for a reply like (C G D F R I...), 'C' means CANCEL and not continue. I saw a lot of new operators unintentionally ending "jobs" this way.

Comment

Working...
            X