Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So You've Moved to an i5 Platform?

** This thread discusses the article: So You've Moved to an i5 Platform? **
    This is a discussion about So You've Moved to an i5 Platform?.

Click here for the article.

So You've Moved to an i5 Platform?

** This thread discusses the article: So You've Moved to an i5 Platform? **
    IBM frequently renames products. Today it is 'Tomato'. Tomorrow it will be the 'T5'. Down the road it will be rechristened 'Websphere-T'. New names will coincide with new hype and buzz. Salespeople will tell you that your life will change for the better if you buy into the new name and rebranding. IBM likes to reorganize. They don't do it as much as in the past, but they still do it. They claim it is to provide a better customer experience. In fact, it looks more like simple moving of boxes on an org chart. It gives the backroom managers something to do to look important and divert attention from real problems. IBM sometimes adds minor incremental features instead of major improvements and blow horns to announce them. For example, called programs were great. Then they invented new ways to end up in the same place and told the religious they were necessary improvements to the way to do things. Many bought into it and still argue about the best way to start a program with passed data. People could lose their job by calling programs in an unapproved way. Please note that this has nothing to do with solving bottom line business problems. It just makes the coders feel important. If you moved from a competing platform to an i5, please tell us why. The reasons for doing this are not as obvious as they were a decade ago. Please put some hope into our lives.

Comment

Working...
    X