Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell Me Your Processor Group

** This thread discusses the article: Tell Me Your Processor Group **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Tell Me Your Processor Group **

Tell Me Your Processor Group

Hi Bob Nifty little command, it's useful to have all of the relevant "licensing" values together on one display and I would probably add QPRCFEAT to the list too. Having said that, the WRKLICINF (Work with Licence Information) command does show the processor group at the top of the display. All the best Jonathan

Comment

Other common questions coming up today are: What partition number are you running in? How much processor is allocated to this partition? There's licenses that actually use that.

Comment

All, I went ahead and added the feature code to my version of the this program. However, it doesn't seem to return the value I was expecting. It returns 22A8 when I was expecting 2252 for our model 270. Is there some sort of conversion I need to do? Dean

Comment

When I run Bob Cozzi's new DspLicInf on our model 250 running V5R1M0, it identifies its processor group as 'PPS', which does not appear on the article's list of groups P05 thru P40. (Same PPS appears on WrkLicInf display). How does PPS translate into one of the numbered groups?

Comment

Hi Dean The 2252 is the feature for your 270 (as in 270-2252), but the QPRCFEAT includes the interactive feature (processor) that you have installed also. For example, a number of years ago I worked for a company that had a 710-2263 with a 1503 interactive feature. The QPRCFEAT was something like 2B6A. On my 150-2270 the QPRCFEAT shows as 2270 because I don't have an interactive feature. I have been asked on numerous occasions to provide the QPRCFEAT value though, as some software vendors use it as part of their licence key. All the best Jonathan

Comment

My 150 comes up with EE3 in both Bob's program and the WRKLICINF command. I always thought the 150 was a P01 or P03 though.

Comment

The only way I know of to get partition information into a program is by using RPG xTools. The GetPtnInfo() procedure in RPG xTools returns a data structure of information about the processor group including precentage of CPU usage. There is also an "extra" shipped with xTools that calls that procedure and then displays the results on the screen, a DSPPTNINF command. Maybe someone else knows of another method.

Comment

Glad the command is displaying the correct information. I think the pre-Processor group models have an unusual value for the processor group. I beleive you'd need a 170/270 and later model to have the conventional processor group.

Comment

Add this code to get the processor and interactive features. The value for &RSCNAME was found with WRKHDWRSC TYPE(*PRC)
                    Code

Comment

The command works fine for my model 150. Shows a P05 ok. However, not all vendors align their pricing models to the Processor Group P05, P10 etc. etc. The processor feature is a must for many 3rd party licensing requirements. But it's easier to get it from DSPSYSVAL QPRCFEAT. My experience with products is that the value returned is good enough for vendors. So I modified the pgm to show it as well (just declare a 4 char variable for it and rtvsysval qprcfeat into it). But the Logical Partition ID is increasingly becoming important as vendors move towards separate (usually discounted) pricing for subsequent lpar copies on the same machine. Anybody who can come up with an API call or some other technique to return the 3 char lpar-id... it would be appreciated.

Comment

Try this: http://www.think400.dk/adhoc_2.htm#eks0012 Joe

Comment

Michael, Thanks for the code, that is exactly what I wanted. Dean

Comment

How is this different from QPRCFEAT system value?

Comment

I do that in my next program DSPPTNINF (Display Partition Information) but in my experience (on my own model 170) is that the logical serial number is simply the true serial number plus the partition ID. The partition ID is (in my case) '0' (zero). On a model 800 with 2 CPUs and 3 partitition it shows logical ID '1' and the logical serial number is the true serial number plus '1' I don't see a 3-character partition ID. It is a 3-digit unsigned value from what I can see. Do you have other info?

Comment

Working...
                              X