Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i5/OS, OS/400, and Daylight Saving Time (DST)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i5/OS, OS/400, and Daylight Saving Time (DST)

** This thread discusses the article: i5/OS, OS/400, and Daylight Saving Time (DST) **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: i5/OS, OS/400, and Daylight Saving Time (DST) **

** This thread discusses the article: i5/OS, OS/400, and Daylight Saving Time (DST) **
    So, if I am running V5R3 and apply these PTF's, OS/400 will automatically adjust the system time for me now? And if I have the Java kits & Unicode then I need to add all those PTF's at the same time?

Comment

OS/400 will only automatically adjust the system time for you if you have it set to the correct time zone already. I found on our system that the previous admin hadn't set the time zone correctly. An alternate method to the PTFs is to manually change the time zone. I've done this through iSeries navigator. Under Configuration and Service -> Time Management, you can create and edit time zones.

Comment

In i5 OS installations prior to v5r3, you can create a scheduled job to run at 2am that will advance the local system time (and if necessary the UTC offset) on March 11th and return to Standard time on November 4th. See cmd: wrkjobscde E.G., the commands to change the time and offset to start Daylight Saving Time: CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QHOUR) VALUE('03') CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QUTCOFFSET) VALUE('-nnnn') (note: substitute the appropriate UTC offset in hours + or - GMT for nnnn). by the way, Bob... DST ends on November 4th this year.

Comment

My dyslexia caused me to type the 11th for both start and end dates in this weeks' article. The official start/end dates and times are as follows: In 2007, DST begins at 2:00 a.m. (local time) on March 11, 2007. In 2007, DST ends at 2:00 a.m. (local time) on November 4, 2007.

Comment

IBM indicated that for JAVA 5.0 PTF SI26840 is needed.

Comment

If you are out of time, and can't get the PTFs installed before the weekend, you can also change the DST rules manually. From WKRTIMZON, find the time zone description associated with the system value QTIMZON (look for the ">" as Bob described). Select "2=Change," press F9 and roll to the second page. There, change the start date to " *MAR *SUN 2 " and the end date to " *NOV *SUN 1 "

Comment

Search for DST on the appropriate Defective PTFs page. V5R4: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline00...f?OpenDocument V5R3: http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/sline00...2?OpenDocument

Comment

My dyslexia caused me to type the 11th for both start and end dates in this weeks' article. Wouldn't it be dyslexia if you typed 11 instead of 11? Oh wait...

Comment

This is your system's current time offset from Greenwich Mean Time. My system and its user community is on Eastern Time and my current offset is -5:00 hours from GMT. So, my scheduled job (OS v5r2) is set to CHGSYSVAL SYSVAL(QUTCOFFSET) VALUE('-4:00') because the spring DST change will get us 1 hour closer to GMT. At 2:00 AM on 11/4, we'll move 1 hour further away from GMT so the offset will be changed back to -5:00.

Comment

Working...
                    X