• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Technology Potpourri

** This thread discusses the article: Technology Potpourri **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Technology Potpourri **

Technology Potpourri

We're running Domino on iSeries. Perhaps you needed an xSeries box to run some parts, such as "Sametime integration services" or "Fax conversion services". We're looking at IXS cards for those. Often times they'll throw in one IXS card with a 520 purchase. Or was it the memory usage of Domino?

Comment

Technology Potpourri

Two reasons, Rob. First was that portions of the product need Window 2003 server (as you've pointed out). Second was that AFAIK, you are really supposed to dedicate an iSeries to Domino; mixed-load boxes don't fare as well. Since my new server is still a fairly low-end box that will already be taxed by Java and WebSphere, it just made more sense to keep the Domino load off-server. I suppose I could have offloaded the WebSphere load, but with my architecture, the WebSphere is more of a thin veneer over RPG. Joe

Comment

Technology Potpourri

Joe Pluta wrote: mixed-load boxes don't fare as well While generally this may be true, it doesn't have to be. Personal experience has led to success using a single server for Domino, native applications, and a web site. As long as you have the storage, and the memory necessary for production, you will achieve success. Plus the benefit of having tighter integration. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X