How to tell what version the OS is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell what version the OS is?

I suspect this has been asked many times prior, and I did spend time searching the discussion threads... What is worse, I use to know how to do this; I believe, it was a system value that would determine this. I did a DSPSYSVAL, and then, took an F4 on the value field, and still did not see what I was hoping to find. And so, while I start looking thru my reference books, how may one tell what version the OS is? The 2 systems I am working with are eitehr both V5R4, or V5R3 and V5R4. Thank you in advance!

Re:How to tell what version the OS is?

One way - dspobjd qsys *lib, then take option 8 (see system level.

Comment

Re:How to tell what version the OS is? - BINGO!

System level . . . . . . . . . . . . : V5R4M0 Thanks again!!!!!!

Comment

The DSPOBJD recommendation is absolutely incorrect; irrespective of perceived validity, based on results seen. DSPOBJD should only be used on an object known to be replaced or created on the current release; e.g. the following two requests in order: crtdtaara qtemp/lgl *lgl, dspobjd qtemp/lgl *dtaara. There are GO LICPGM, DSPSFWRSC, and DSPPTF that will show the release level, and an API to retrieve the *OPSYS product release level. The QSYS *LIB object is only created on a scratch install, so DSPOBJD QSYS *LIB will reveal only, to what release the system was last scratch installed.

Comment

The dspobjd method worked for me. I tested it on two different machines that I knew I had upgraded. The dspobjd option 8 showed the current release not the last scratch install. Some time ago I did a scratch install to 5.3 then later an upgrade to 5.4. It now shows 5.4.

Comment

Check data area QSS1MRI. Depending on installation it could be in QUSRSYS or QGPL library. ukpi1b

Comment

Working...
            X