Amen on the GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amen on the GUI

The only serious issue that has been on my radar for 15 years is a GUI version of workstation files. I know that there are many ways to write Web Applications for the i platform and that is great for Web Applications (public applications used by the public). However, we need something more productive for the type of internal business applications where green screen rules and i shines. I would be happy if we started with a version of Client Access that converted green screens to nice looking "gray" screens and then started to expand DDS for more capabilities.

Amen on the GUI

Building a "gray" screen to translate green screen in Client Access would be a great feature! No extra servers and no coding modifications required. TN5250j has some features like that.

It's too bad that when EGL was being created that it didn't extend and use RPG for it's business language instead of a new one. Then you could gradually start taking advantage of the capabilities instead of having to learn a new language and the development efforts would have expanded on RPG.

Comment

Working...
    X