Printing PDF from IFS to HP LJ 3010 printer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing PDF from IFS to HP LJ 3010 printer

Has anyone any experience of printing a PDF file held in the IFS to one of these printers?

Can you give me some guidance as to what I might need to do please?

Thanks in anticipation
    Gary

Try putting the file on the printer via ftp.

Comment

Thats far too easy surely...

Well blow me down, I was expecting to have to put it into a print file first. Perfect Keith, thank you very much for that!

Have a good weekend

Regards
      Gary

Comment

Print PDF from IFS

Regarding the FTP of a PDF file to a printer, could you please provide some more detail that may be helpful to those who don't find this quite so simple?

Comment

Its simply a case of logging onto the printer using ftp, changing to binary transfer then putting the file.

for example:
          ftp 'printer ip'
          user
          password
          bin
          put /home/pdfpath/file1.pdf
          quit

Then wait for the magic!

My printer seems accept an anonymous login, although I will see if this can be tied down via the web interface.

This has saved me a major headache!

Comment

Thanks Gary!
            In some cases, you may also need to add the ftp command (either before or after the bin command)

namefmt 1

which lets the i know to use the ifs naming structure rather than the ibm file/lib naming.
            Last edited by keith hodges; 09-13-2010, 07:24 AM. Reason: Gary posted already

Comment

I am trying to do the same thing. When you say anonymous login, do you have to use any type of user and password? I just tried to log into the IP of my printer, and it let me in, no user or password.

Originally posted by mnisgary View Post
              Its simply a case of logging onto the printer using ftp, changing to binary transfer then putting the file.

for example:
              ftp 'printer ip'
              user
              password
              bin
              put /home/pdfpath/file1.pdf
              quit

Then wait for the magic!

My printer seems accept an anonymous login, although I will see if this can be tied down via the web interface.

This has saved me a major headache!

Comment

Working...
              X