About CPYTOIMPF command at V6.R1.M0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About CPYTOIMPF command at V6.R1.M0

My colleagues who were using a system i (Sorry don't know what model) at V5R4M0, recently upgraded to a Power 740 (4-core) at V6R1M0, and are now experiencing issues with the target files after executing CPYTOIMPF to populate them.

Example: CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(QTEMP/EISITEM) TOSTMF('eis/Latest71/Item.fil') MBROPT(*REPLACE)
    FROMCCSID(37) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) DTAFMT(*FIXED)

Specifically the target files have "spaces" appended to the records after the end of the database field values.
    And not just one space or a few spaces, but an indescriminate number of spaces (like 188 spaces) or some other large number of spaces that cannot be explained.

Since I am retired from doing system i work, and don't have access to one...I am posting on their behalf, and was wondering if you all have encountered anything similar? I suspect that something has changed through the conversion to V6R1 that was not an issue at V5R4, or perhaps the CCSID's being used, etc. Any help is much appreciated.

One possibility - Use DSPFD to ensure that the CCSID of the fromfile is really 37.

Dave

Comment

I don't know why that's happening but there is a PARM on that command that I've used before that allows you to truncate the blanks. It in both V5R4 and 6.1 versions.

RMVBLANK *none (default)

You can remove :

*LEADING
      *TRAILING
      *BOTH

Originally posted by efnkay View Post
      My colleagues who were using a system i (Sorry don't know what model) at V5R4M0, recently upgraded to a Power 740 (4-core) at V6R1M0, and are now experiencing issues with the target files after executing CPYTOIMPF to populate them.

Example: CPYTOIMPF FROMFILE(QTEMP/EISITEM) TOSTMF('eis/Latest71/Item.fil') MBROPT(*REPLACE)
      FROMCCSID(37) STMFCODPAG(*PCASCII) RCDDLM(*CRLF) DTAFMT(*FIXED)

Specifically the target files have "spaces" appended to the records after the end of the database field values.
      And not just one space or a few spaces, but an indescriminate number of spaces (like 188 spaces) or some other large number of spaces that cannot be explained.

Since I am retired from doing system i work, and don't have access to one...I am posting on their behalf, and was wondering if you all have encountered anything similar? I suspect that something has changed through the conversion to V6R1 that was not an issue at V5R4, or perhaps the CCSID's being used, etc. Any help is much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
      X