CPU Utilization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU Utilization

Make the program larger. Throw in a huge literal or something. Why are you doing this? Dave

CPU Utilization

Hi David, What I need to do is that I want to give more CPU to my batch jobs for the night but from what I see is that it would never give more than 33% CPU even if I have 1 job which is utlizing the complete CPU. I understand that system would never give 100% CPU as it would block the server but there has to be a way that I can increase my batch CPU performance at night. Regards Aseem

Comment

CPU Utilization

In your situation ( with 3 cpu's ) that's probably all you're gonna get. Don't be Greedy !!

Comment

CPU Utilization

Are you blocking your records. You can improve batch performance with the OVRDBF command using the SEQONLY *YES nnnn parameter if applicable, and the NBRRCDS parameter in many instances. Dave

Comment

CPU Utilization

Hi mikejsavino, You are right this I relaised after putting the question in and I was looking at the help on CPU utilisation in WRKACTJOB. So that explains it. Thanks Aseem

Comment

CPU Utilization

Hi, I wrote a small program that would utilize all the AS400 CPU ie. ADD 1 To var1 (do this in a loop of 10000000 times) I ran 2 copies of this job (in batch) and when I see the CPU % using WRKACTJOB , I see that it gives approx 33% to each job. Now if I run 1 copy of this program still it gives 33% to that job. Is there a way that I can make AS400 give more CPU to my job. I tried changing priorities and time slice but that was of no use. We have a got a 825 with 3 CPUs. Aseem

Comment

CPU Utilization

This helped us a lot with nightly processing. License program 5722SS1 option 26. This is control by sysval QQRYDEGREE. During the day we turn this off and for nightly processing it is turned back on. Experienced lots of system jobs during the day took hammered our interactive performance to nothing. Not a problem during nightly.

Comment

Working...
              X