Files, programs, etc disappearing unkowningly -- V5R1M0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files, programs, etc disappearing unkowningly -- V5R1M0

Well as title states. Originally when this happened (I'm a conversion analysis) I thought that I might have goofed as for example say Tuesday I wrote several programs and made updates to others. When Thursday came I went to run one of those programs, however the source and object was no longer their. But my PF file had the changes from the previous run test I made. I scratched my head for a minute and thought well I must have deleted it. But Source and Object? Very unlikely but I was baffled and just rewritten the program and continued on. After running all my programs and then testing the data files, I noticed other changes that I made in other programs were no longer there. Hmmmm did someone restore a backup and wipe out my stuff maybe? I checked around however nothing was restored on our box for quite some time. Puzzled even more now. When I display the systems history, well tuesday listings were there, great wednesday listsings were not there uh-oh. What happened?? And this has been an ongoing thing for the last 5 months. However it's random as to what happens. system history can disappear, programs, files, etc. It also baffled me when another programmer swings by and asks how could a physical files be deleted and yet the binding logical files over them are still present? That was the other case, same day as I had problems with my programs and history missing, several of her PF files were missing yet the logicals over those files were still present. ???????????????????????????????????????????????? I'm just clueless. I checked with our companies call logs to see if any of our clients has had similar problems and it seems so. I've seen calls where a couple of files are missing. It was written off as the client must have deleted them, restored from back-up. However the # of occurances I am seeing, and with it also hitting our box has my concerns. I was wondering if anyone here has had similar problems and if so how did they get corrected? Also does anyone know if IBM has anything up in regards to it? We are on V5R1M0 and we are uptodate on our PTF's. First things we checked and the problems still occur. We are using a Model 270, 2432 Processor with 1070 Batch and 50 interactive. Raid system with 10 hard drives. Any suggestions???? Thanks!

Files, programs, etc disappearing unkowningly -- V5R1M0

Mike, The fact that you have Logical files left behind after the physicals are deleted, is something I have seen before. However, it wasn't a system bug. It was caused when the logicals where not associated with the correct physicals. Depending on how you handle your files, its possible for the LFs to point at the wrong copy of the PFs. Go through your database and verify that the LFs are all attached to PFs in the correct library. Do you ever use OVRDBF on source files? Do you use any Change management software? I have never seen or heard of anything like what you are experiencing. I suspect it is not a system problem, but rather something unique to your environment. So pay close attention to any development tools that you are using. Good luck, Kevin

Comment

Working...
    X