3488V terminal configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3488V terminal configuration

Try this: Power off the Workstation, and then power on again while depressing the space bar. On some terminals, this brings up the "settings" mode where you may be able to configure the workstation for 132x27 settings. Dave

Hi, I'm trying to install a used IBM 3488-V and a IBM G52 monitor for a client. This is a used terminal w/o documentation. (Yes a few people still need green screen!) My problem is that I can't get a 132 Col. display. (The ISERIES has it configured as a 3477 FC) All I can get is 80 Col. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance. BILL

Comment

I tryed that...multiple times. I'll set up hundreds of terminals, including 3488 over the years and never saw this. I did manage to pick up a manual and where the manual shows a 132 col. display during setup, the screen doesn't. This thing is "used" and was configured for some weird colors that I changed. I don't know if I missed something with screen size. Is it smart enough to know if the monitor can handle 132 col.? It came with an IBM G52 monitor. I have no idea what the specs are on that.

Comment

Working...
      X