Office vision/Windows 95 on V5R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office vision/Windows 95 on V5R2

Pat, Can't help you with OV. CAE and Win/95 PC's. We HAD this situation. I think some worked, some did not. Solution, upgraded PC's.

Are the Win/95 stations connected via a LAN or Twinax? If they are connected by a LAN, you may want to consider diskless IBM (or other) Network stations. If they are connected via twinax, you can still obtain dumb terminals from third party vendors. Dave

Comment

Hello, OfficeVision is being used for HELP (from DDS),,,any (best) solution for removing OV?????

Comment

Depending on the number of help screens involved, it shouldn't take much to move the text to a native DSPF. OTOH, as long as you do not need to modify the help screens, they will continue to work, even in V5R2. How many screens are involved? Dave

Comment

I know that office vision and windows 95 are no longer supported on V5R2 but has anyone reloaded office vision after the upgrade and got it to work? We have a third party software package that uses office vision for their online help text and we would like to be able to continue using this feature. This is the only thing we would be using office vision for. Also we have numerous Windows 95 PCs that are strictly used for 5250 emulation and have client access express loaded on them. Will they still come up and work after the upgrade? I got the answer "maybe yes, maybe no" from IBM. Thanks for any information you can supply me with. Pat

Comment

about 150 screens use HLPDOC from DDS, all are in 1 folder

Comment

Working...
            X