PTF will not apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTF will not apply

Some PTFs will not apply permanently due to restrictions that IBM places upon them. Which PTF is this? Dave

PTF will not apply

David- It is PTF 5722999-MF32689. We are on V5R2M0. It does have COREQ PTFs and they are also temporarily applied. Thanks for any insight. Pat

Comment

PTF will not apply

Maybe try applying the latest superseding PTF, MF34614.

Comment

PTF will not apply

Good morning- I have a PTF to apply permanently; it has been applied temporarily. All the requisite PTFs have also been applied temporarily or have been superceded. I have chased all the chains to be sure all the requisite PTF's are set with their requisites. I issue the command to apply the PTFs permanently at the next unattended IPL. When the machine is IPLed, I get an error message that the PTF apply ended abnormally because of this PTF. The only info I get is to look at the PTF cover letter and make the correction. There are no special instructions for this PTF just the 2 PTFs that are codependent and they are all set to go also. Any ideas as to what I am missing? I don't understand how it applied temporarily but won't apply permanently. Thanks, Pat

Comment

PTF will not apply

The PTF index had been corupted. I had to run a command to remove the index entries, IPL the machine, set the PTF for permanent apply again and then IPL the machine again. All the PTFs are now happily applied permanently. Pat

Comment

Working...
          X