SSP ?? What is it ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSP ?? What is it ??

Also, is *M36 an option for the QSPCENV system value if you have some other licensed program installed ?

SSP ?? What is it ??
    [*]M36 is not an option for the QSPCENV. The only options for QSPCENV are either *S36 or *None. Using *S36 means that the System/36 environment is used by all non-IBM profiles. QS36F, for example, is the default files library in that case and is part of the library list.[*]M36, on the other hand, is an object type, as *File is. It stands for "System/36 Machine". Never used it so I'm not sure how it worked, but it was one of IBM's attempts to provide S/36 compatibility. I think that support has been pulled for this object type.

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

Jerry, Thanks for the input. I haven't thought about it until just now, but do you think that there would be SSP manuals in the regular OS/400 CDROM that I have ? Otherwise, you have any idea where I could get my hands on SSP manuals sometime today. I searched IBM's website for SSP stuff last night & didn't find much that was useful. Thanks, Martin

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

SSP stands for System Support Product. It is the OS of the S/36 environment, as opposed to being an SSP machine. By default, it is installed with OS/400. It is Option 5 of 5722-SS1. Dave

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

David, I have a client that says he has an AS400 running SSP. Do you know where I could get my hands on some manuals that would gimme a crash course in SSP ? I'll need to save some files off to tape maybe. Or FTP them to another system. Thanks, Martin

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

mcarpenter asked: Do you know where I could get my hands on some manuals that would gimme a crash course in SSP ? Try System Reference for the System/36 Environment SC41-9662 Dave

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

Can anybody give me a lowdown on SSP ? As far as I can tell, it's the System/36 support environment that runs on AS/400 hardware ? I have a test box that I set the QSPCENV system value to *S36 but didn't really seem that much different from regular OS/400: Had a more limited library list & WRKSPLF shows stuff in S36 format by default. Thanks, Martin

Comment

SSP ?? What is it ??

I believe I've seen the S/36 manuals for SSP, RPG, and COBOL out on IBM's infocenter website in PDF format... It has been years since I've used S/36 so I didn't spend a lot of time looking at them... Oops! I just went out looking for these on the infocenter and can't find them right now. Surprise! Surprise!

Comment

Working...
                X