Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you set the Load Source Target during system restore ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you set the Load Source Target during system restore ?

It used to be that if you performed an IPL from source "D" you could specify the load source as an IPL capable tape drive. This goes back to the white boxes, and I have not done this since that time. Good luck in your efforts. Dave

Dave, I was able to IPL from tape with the source set as "D". I have basically done a scratch install onto a test box of my production box's GO SAVE, 21 tapes. The issue that I have now is that the 6gig drive is now configured as the load source, it's unit # 1 in ASP 1 (the only ASP). Documentation that I got off of the IBM website specifys that the load source disk for v5r1 has to be at least 8gig. Do you know if the upgrade process will allow me to migrate my load source to the 8gig drive ? Thanks, Martin

Comment

I restored my production box's GO SAVE, option 21 tapes to a 2nd test box that's basically identical to the production box: 170 with v4r2, 4 6gig drives, 1 8 gig drive, 1 gig ram. My issue is that one of the 6 gig drives was setup as the load source disk ! I am planning to upgrade to v4r4 & then to v5r1 & maybe on to v5r3 but from the planning statements that I've read, I know that v5r1, v5r2, & v5r3 require an 8gig load source. I dont recall being given the opportunity to choose which disk was to be the load source unit during the IPL from tape & all. Is there any way that I can change the load source disk on this system ? If not, & I perform the restore again, how can I ensure that the 8gig drives gets the load source ? Thanks, Martin

Comment

The load source shoud be the ASP, not the drive. You should be O.K., but you might want to call IBM support to be sure. Dave

Comment

Working...
        X