V5R1 Upgrade to V5R3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5R1 Upgrade to V5R3

When in doubt, call IBM support. from what I have read, I would install the lastest cum, and I am sure there is an upgrade ptf that you will need to install to reserve the additional space needed by 5.3 and will do the analysis to see if you have unsupported hardware. I would also apply all ptf's permanately. Are you going to do the upgrade using the "normal" method or are you planning on using the "new" method? that being the optical catalog? I plan trying the optical catalog on my test box.

V5R1 Upgrade to V5R3

Now, wait a minute. I am planning a major upgrade as you can see from the subject line. I was told, by IBM support I think & by a business partner I'm sure(although I think it was a sales person), that I could skip any CUM PTFs on my intermediate upgrades, v4r4 & v5r1. Are you saying that you gotta load all CUMs before proceeding with ANY given upgrade ? I am going to upgrade to v4r4 & then right to v5r1. I had planned on then going straight to v5r3 as well, but now maybe that's not such a good idea ? If I have to load CUM packages for all intermediate upgrades. Martin

Comment

V5R1 Upgrade to V5R3

I plan to skip V5R2 when I upgrade to V5R3. I am concerned after reading some of the responses from those who upgraded to V5R3 without skipping a release. Do I need to install the latest cum pack before the upgrade? I would appreciate any suggestions or things to watch out for, from anybody that has done this.

Comment

Working...
      X