CUM apply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUM apply

Good morning- Just a curiousity question- The last two times I have applied a CUM I have gotten false hardware errors when the CPU was IPLing. Here is the sequence- I load the CUM during the week, then on a Sunday power down the CPU with a Restart *YES and an IPL to the B side. About half way thru the IPL I get a hardware error code display on the CPU. I end up calling IBM, they have me manually IPL and all is ok. Then I have to reIPL so the PTFs apply temporarily. The first time this happened, the machine told me I had a bad disk controller which I did not, and the 2nd time it could not find two of the disk drives which of course were there and OK. This only happens when I am applying the CUM so the PTFs are applied temporarily. When I apply them permanently everything goes ok. It does not happen when the machine is powered down for harware maintenance etc. All IBM tells me is maybe the microcode gets confused. Well I am confused too. Has anyone else had this problem? It is getting so I hate applying a CUM and there is another out on the 10th. Pat
Working...
X