Email Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Notification

Thanks Ric for the advice. We have over 60 AS/400. What I did is check the severity from the QSYSMSG Queue and if it is above the severity 80 then it should report. I am also monitoring the job Queues, OutQueues, SubSystem and no. of jobs in a subsystem. The whole monitor will first check and create a physical files of messages and then send each message using SNDNETMSG to a designated Queue for Monitor to the Main Server. 2nd Job on Main Server, read all the messages and generate one email. This process happens four times a day. Thanks Shafiq

Comment

Email Notification

Shafiq, Wow! 60 AS/400s! Imagine all of them sending you email everyday! I suppose my method of verifying communications would not be very practical in your case. However, you should device a way to make sure all communications are working. There is no point putting so many integrity checks into your system if the warnings can't get to you in time. Also, don't forget to check QSNADS. SNDNETMSG is useless if QSNADS is down. Ric

Comment

Email Notification

Thanks Ric. Actually there is only one email for all AS/400. All AS/400 return a "Sucessfull" message if there is no errors and if any AS/400 does not return any message it means there is a problem, so I put additional logic to send a Failure job for that store. Thanks Shafiq

Comment

Email Notification

Shafiq, Looks like you have a good monitoring system in place. Just two questions: 1. Can you trigger a system-wide checkup on-demand? 2. Why use only SNDNETMSG for the final status report? Why not put in an email as well? This way you can continuously monitor status messages over the internet (example: yahoo, hotmail)

Comment

Email Notification

Hi Ric, May be little bit misunderstanding. 1. There is a job on main server which sends a Monitor job to all Sub AS/400. 2. Monitor Job runs on the Sub AS/400. Create a list of all errors and then sends all errors to Main server using SNDNETMSG and if there is no error then it will send SUCESSFUL message using SNDNETMSG. 3. Then another job reads all those errors messages from the Message Queue and create one email. It also check if any Sub AS/400 message is missing, then it will highlight this AS/400 with red color. Just executing this job anytime will answer your first question Thanks Shafiq

Comment

Email Notification

I have SMTP set up on our 820 running V4R5 and would like for the system to generate an email whenever problems such as disk failure, job abend, system threshold exceeded, etc occurs. How do I go about this and where is the best source of information?

Comment

Email Notification

Shafiq, I am impressed! Ric

Comment

Working...
                X