CFINT freezing interactive users.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CFINT freezing interactive users.

Hello All, I understand CFINT has been causing problems on server models. However, we are running a AS/400 model 500 V5R1 and it appears to be causing us problems lately. In preperation to buy a new ISeries we have intalled cum pack C3175510 on our model 500's. Since doing so, CFINT has been running at average 10% cpu usage(We have actually seen this task at 70% cpu usage). The only jobs that get CPU when the interactive locks up are batch jobs. The odd thing is when we put these batch jobs on hold, interactive frees up. From what I have been reading, these symptoms seem to apply to customers that have server models and trying to get around the interactive user liscensings. However, as stated, we do not have server models and interactive should be wide open. CFINT should not come into play. Is it possible that by installing cum pack C3175510 that we introduced PTF's that IBM was using to keep customers from curcumventing CFINT on server models? If so, does anyone have suggestions on what needs to be done to fix our problem? This has been going on for six weeks, our users as well as myself are at wits end. Thanks in Advance for help, Rob

CFINT freezing interactive users.

Rob, I can't help you much, just to clarify that the CFINT job actually has legitimate uses by the system for other than throttling interactive jobs. If you have a software support contract, I'd definitely use it. Bill

Comment

Working...
    X