Upgrading V4R5 to V5R2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading V4R5 to V5R2

Our company is in the planning to upgrade OS400 from V4R5 to V5R2, aside from cleaning our system from old spool files, job logs, etc, is there any other consideration that we should be aware before to start the process? I'm doing this for the first time, and as always, everything on the paper seems to be ok. thanks for your attention... Oscarvelas

Upgrading V4R5 to V5R2

You may want to investigate the "File Conversion" time. I had tested this at the IBM Benchmark Center on V5R1 on a 840 System, and it took us about 8 hours after the upgrade, to run a program to open all the files to force them to do a conversion of some type. You would either take the hit the first time your application opens the files, or do what we did and wrote a simple program and ran it before letting the users on the box. I don't recall the exact terminology (File Cursor?) its been a few years on what was happening to the files. But I think it is mentioned in the Memo to Users document. V5R2 may have addressed this issue automatically, but it was a little bit of a problem with V5R1. Keith

Comment

Upgrading V4R5 to V5R2

Oscar, Read my post entitled "Horrific v4r5 to v5r2 upgrade" in the "shooting the breeze" section dated March 5th, 2003. Maybe it'll help you prepare better and maybe you won't be down for 24 hours as I was. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "oscarvelas" wrote in message news:6ae8039a.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > Our company is in the planning to upgrade OS400 from V4R5 to V5R2, aside from cleaning our system from old spool files, job logs, etc, is there any other consideration that we should be aware before to start the process? > > I'm doing this for the first time, and as always, everything on the paper seems to be ok. > > thanks for your attention... > > Oscarvelas

Comment

Working...
      X