RSTLIB Command renaming files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSTLIB Command renaming files

IT is my understanding if the files exist, that is the norm. You need to remove them first then issue your restore command.

Other things to check: 1. Object owner, authority. Of the object being replaced, the object being restored, and the authority of the job running the restore. 2. Logicals. If there are logicals, and you are not restoring those logicals, the rename will take definately take place. 3. I'm not sure whether the restore-to library name being different from the save-from library may be the culprit, as well. 4. I'm also not sure of the nuances between rstlib and rstobj. But I'd try rstobj to see how it does. If you really need to restore the whole library, I'd go with Keith's suggestion, but maybe go further and do a clrlib, or if it's not locked by a libl somewhere, dltlib.

Comment

Try looking for differences in the record formats (e.g., additional fields or field size changes).

Comment

Can anyone tell me the options I need to restore a libray without having the existing files get renamed? I need to specify MBROPT(*ALL) and ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) in my RSTLIB command, since if the file already exists, I need it replaced with the data from the saved library and I also want to restore new files. If I specify: RSTLIB SAVLIB(LIBRARYA) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(MYLIB/SAVEFILE) MBROPT(*ALL) ALWOBJDIF(*ALL) RSTLIB(LIBRARYB) It renames the exiting files. Ex: File EDPRFB gets renamed to EDPRFB0001 File EDE0010 gets renamed to EDE001001. How can I avoid having these files renamed every time I execute the RSTLIB command? Thanks you in advance for any help. Ron

Comment

If the object level identifier changes, the AS/400 will rename the original and restore the new version. If the identifiers match, the object is replaced. What I haven't figured out yet is what causes the object level identifier to change...

Comment

Working...
          X