Printer Load balancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printer Load balancing

I beleive it's just as simple as starting multiple writers. Only one writer can be started for each device, but they can all be off the same outq. And it should automagically send the spool file to the first idle printer. Also see the "Writers to autostart" parameter on the outq to get them to fire up on IPL. -dan
    Code

Printer Load balancing

BTW if no one else posts more details, I'd be interested in what it took to get it to work. I did a test last night after my post and mine didn't work. But I only spent 5 minutes on it. But one place I worked did it, so I know it can be done, though, and with no added products.

Comment

Printer Load balancing

That's exactly what we set up for printing faxes received by FastFax. If you get it working, you might want to roll your own command to start them in the proper way if they should end. We were not able to do this when we were using KeyesFax, because each page was a separate spool file. It would not be good to have each page print on a different printer. With FastFax, each fax is a separate spool file.

Comment

Printer Load balancing

Is there a way to load balance one outq to many printers? Thanks in advance

Comment

Printer Load balancing

I'm trying to write a tech tip for printer load balancing, but even though I've done it in the past, I have no way to test what I have put together so far. Is there anyone that has this operational? If so, please post your configurations. I'll try to give credit for the person who tests it. -dan

Comment

Working...
          X